this is a list of Illegal Degree Awarding Institutions Operating in Nigeria.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) wishes to announce to the general public, especially parents and prospective undergraduates that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have not been licensed by the Federal Government and have, therefore, been closed down for violating the Education (National Minimum Standards etc) Act CAP E3 Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
The “Universities” are:
1) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
4) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
5) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses.
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.